Tuesday 13 January 2015

Finish Along 2015 Q1

It's a new year and that means the FAL has a new home.



2015's brave volunteer to manage this enormous beast is Adrianne of On the Windy Side. Adrianne lives in my most favourite place on earth, a long way from Yorkshire in beautiful New Zealand.

I've decided to fabric fast again for at least the first 6 months of 2015. I went a bit wild over Christmas replenishing my stash and so now it is time to sew. Let's see what's top of the list.

1. Bitches get stitches swap.
This is a fun little sweary swap I've joined on Instagram. My partner is apparently an exceptionally talented sewer with impeccable taste in fabric, so of course I thought it'd be sensible to make an item from a notoriously tricky pattern with some of my favourite ever fabric.



Even more cleverly I'm making two, production line style, because once I'm done I know I'll want one for myself. I don't want to spoil any surprises so you'll have to wait and see more once it is received.

2. Secret sewing


Deadline of February, so once number 1 is done this is next up.

3. Random churn dash block cushion

giant churn dash

Need to turn this block into a lovely cushion cover.

4 STQB quilt

December was my month and I asked for simple snow ball blocks in a limited palette of aquas, blues and greens.


December blocks so far for #stqb #siblingstogether


I have all my blocks back and just need to make my own and then some extras to boost the size a little. Then make this into a quilt, obviously.


Onto the rollover UFOs now.

4. Aviatrix medallion
I must finish this before I start any more quilts. I am a fool for abandoning it.


5. Pile o fabric skill builder BOM
Yep. Don't hold your breath for this one folks. To be fair though it's the only big UFO I have....


I find it hard to believe that these are the only WIPs in the house. But they are. Wouldn't it be amazing to get them done??

More likely is that I will add to them. I have piles and piles of planned projects, stashed fabric with a pattern in mind. I generally call these WNQIPs or works not quite in progress. I'll try to get a blog post up about them as these are the things that keep me awake at night, plotting and planning and wondering what do to start next and forgetting what patterns I've bought and what plans I have. Adding these to the FAL always seems a bit of a cheat when they aren't actually started, but you have to be in it to win it so I often do!

Maybe we need a start-along?? Kind of like a year/ quarter of specific sewing plans. After all, no one likes just finishing WIPs, do they??

Let me know your thoughts, if you happen to have any.

In the meantime I'm linking up my Q1 finish goals, while all the time pondering what else to start.

6 comments:

  1. Oh goodness Hannah - a Start along would be lethal! Loving the Aviatrix quilt, that's a great list of finishes to aim for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great plan to make a mini for yourself too, I never make minis for myself which is why I do the swaps, however I would always be happy to keep what I make too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I see your list isn't that long either! Why did you abandon the Aviatrix?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a list of things I want to do is a great idea. Half the time I forgot so many that I want to make because something else has popped in. You have a great list so very doable! Good luck on finishing and dieting again too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the Pile o Fabric BOM. Where can I find it? I would love to make them into a quilt. Thanks Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy I can't reply to you by email as you are a no reply blogger so I hope you check back here. All the 2013 skill builder BOM patterns are on the Pile O Fabric website http://pileofabric.com/pages/skill-builder-bom

      Delete

I love to hear from you! Thank you for your comment :-)